What is Mash Up Trashion?
- Our two high school teams will create a stunning showcase for waste awareness and recyclable materials with youthful creative energy inspired by artists like Marine Debris and Shaun McGrath working at the frontier of outraged fashion.
- Clothes and accessories will be created from used paper products, food waste and packaging, e-waste and plastic debris to make fashion statements which really mean something.
MAKING FASHION STATEMENTS THAT MEAN SOMETHING
- AT HOME: our two school teams will mount their Trashion Parade at school to their local community – dividing into smaller teams to create the clothes, props, promotional materials, sets and music, styling and programs.
- AT YOUTH ECO SUMMIT (YES): flushed with success our teams will prepare to present the story of their journey, and then mount their Trashion parades at the Youth Eco Summit on September 4th.
MAY – Research | JUNE – Inspire | JULY – Prep & Plan | AUGUST – School Event | SEPTEMBER – Showcase at YES
- Clare Press – Vogue Editor, author Wardrobe Crisis
- Dr Gene Sherman – Executive Director the Sherman Centre for Culture and Ideas (The Powerhouse curates a collection from Dr Sherman’s famous wardrobe)
- Shaun McGrath – internationally acclaimed hair stylist famous for working with recycled materials from spoons and foil to hair and lips tick.
- Imogen Ross – sustainable costume designer, set designer and beeswax food wraps producer.
- Marina Debris – acclaimed plastic debris artist and activist.
- Paul Frasca – Director of Sustainable Salons.
- Pirra Griffiths – regenerated swimwear designer & fashion lecturer at UTS.
- Paul Castro – internationally acclaimed and award winning designer, specialises in thoughtful sustainable fashion, notably the Amassment Collection.
- Courtney Holm – director of ABCH, Courtney is a young designer who makes completely compostable clothes.
Trashion based on waste in the hair and beauty industry – foil, hair, microbeads, safety pins
ENGADINE HIGH SCHOOL
Exploring food waste, food packaging using eggshells, cling wrap and other containers